Thursday, September 13, 2018

The Pagan online recovery group eventually dissolved....and I considered attending AA meetings again....as I truly feel the need to stay connected to others in recovery. I just couldn't do it...as with Wicca, I had outgrown AA and it's philosophy......even though I value greatly the start in recovery it afforded me. I decided to try an online search for Satanic recovery groups. All I could find were discussion forums which showed posts written by Satanists arguing about the validity of addiction. Nothing but heated arguments and unsupported opinions.........useless. ( Satanists are not the only humans who don't understand what addiction is). I did find Pagan recovery groups on Facebook....and joined a couple of those. I found them helpful, but selfishness and ego were assigned the title of 'dark'. I grew tired of the predominant  'love and light' view and needed something they just couldn't offer. I had 'a moment of clarity' as Alcoholics who get sober call it.....I was truly inspired by Satan to form a Satanic recovery group of my own. (Take that statement however you wish..I consider myself Agnostic... and seeing Him as a deity, being, force, power, symbol, etc., all make sense to me). The group was formed on February 6th, 2017....began with one member, and now has well over 500 members. I couldn't find my connection to others in recovery who are like-minded.....so I had to make one. I am grateful for my sobriety....and, although I've tried, I can't do it alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment